8.14.2006


He coddles me
What a sweet and wonderful Father I serve. Recently, I received an image while in worship at church. It was an eye of fire. I saw the image for quite some time and knew that this was a directive from the Lord to paint another silk flag/banner (whatever you wanna call it). This image came to me the Sunday before the annual Jesus at the beach Festival (which started the next day)...so I pondered the image for a bit, and like usual the enemy hurled a lie at me about the image.......saying something like "didn't you see the Lord of the Rings, the eye of fire was the evil eye". I then turned to scripture with a sort of remembrance of Jesus having eyes of fire. Yep, there it was ...

Revelation 19:12 check Rev.11-16 out "And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.

v.12: His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.


He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which are in heaven clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written "King of Kings, And Lord of Lords".

whew friends if that don't send chills up your spine......m m m m m

So, back to the testimony: After church I asked my hubby what he was looking up in the Word at church that day, and it turns out he was reading Revelation 1...check vs. 14 "His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire."

So, that Monday, I went to Jesus at the Beach with no new flag, but that Wednesday I started it at 2:00, finished it, cooked dinner for the family, cleaned up and drove down (45 min drive) to the festival with flag in hand. Turns out the same scripture was quoted that was the inspiration. I believe the Lord used this piece to minister to the people wandering the boardwalk in a semi-hypontic stupor. I used to be one of those people. GOD is all about REDEMPTION!! I thank Him for His infinite mercy!

Oh yeah, two more points of confirmation on this one.........my pastor quoted the same scripture the next Sunday, and John Hagee said it again on TBN that day!! I love it when God coddles me in this way with so much confirmation. I realize so much that I'm just His babe who needs lots of hugs and affirmation. The kind of lovin' only He could give!

P.S. I'd love to see the Holy Spirit moving in the miraculous through this weak little vessel, but I will not despise the day of small beginnings!!!


6 Comments:

At 10:36 PM , Blogger silent wings said...

I do! Can't wait to see it. :)

p.s. I think I'm a really old baby..i still need his coddling too! The rest in His acceptance and His fellowship are growing...He will bring us to the place of full maturity as his beautiful bride.

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger silent wings said...

Thanks Melinda! That was just exploding out of me and I had to write it down.

The flag is awesome! Thanks for posting it.I'd love to get some advice on how to make banners and flags. I've got some handpicked material just waiting to be released.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger melinda m said...

Hey Silent wings, I tried to post on your blog, but receipt keeps coming back....So here goes on making flags. Check Dharmatrading.com, that's where I get my supplies and they have info on how to do stuff. I use habotai silk (8mm) and dharma pigment dye and marabu silk dye. I do the serti method, using gutta resist, first stretching the silk on an Arty's stretcher frame. It's really quite easy. Right now I don't have any sewing going on, so I simply glue the silk to a dowel rod either 36" or 48" that you can pick up at Lowe's or Walmart. I like to spraypaint the dowel either silver or gold. The glue is fabric glue found right in the sewing section at Walmart. Dharma trading sells kits for silk painting.

I got started by attending a workshop held by Rhunelle Williams at a Hebraic Arts and Worship conference. Her husband Spencer does INCREDIBLE work - check jesuspaintings.com and go to silk banners for his work..........IT WILL KNOCK your socks off. My stuff is sooooo primitve compared to what he does, but hey GOD's got different stuff going on through me, i figure. If I remember correctly, Rhunelle said Spencer does some with airbrush, which you can also get at Dharma. Dharma is like new age-y, and dead-headish, but they're really good, and I figure GOD is about redemption!

As for purchasing fabric and making flags, I just bought some lame' and did the fabric glue thing and a dowel and sewed (with the help of a friend) the edges and up against the rod. I'm soooooo doing this by the seat of my pants.....I am in no way any kind of expert. I'm just going on the Lord's leading without any real art training.

Another AWESOME flag (well banner) resource is www.worshipbanners.org I went to one of this guy's (David Stanfield) workshops and he is awesome. His silk banners are great, and he has people who sew them (it looks like the surge) which is very professional. They make a pocket for the dowel with the top closed and at the bottom, sew in a small elastic loop that allows you to slip the banner on and off the pole. He sells fishing extension poles when he does a workshop. THose are nice lightweight.

Hope I didn't overload ya!

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger silent wings said...

Hi Melinda,

Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to start with just making the flags first..I have this beautiful long piece that shimmers and looks like a river, I can't wait to get that one done. It speaks for itself. I have even had people pray over it so it seems wasteful to have it sit in a bag. ;) Thanks for the resources too. :) I'll e-mail you.

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger melinda m said...

Ooooh, ooooh, oooooh, I love it!!! I did a couple of river flags. EZEKIEL 47 is the reference I used for them!!! I LOVE it!!!! there's life & healing> GOd is so good. Yeah, I started out making them from material too....I'm sorry if I assumed on the silk painting thing. WE all just need to do what He's leading us to do....He can totally use those fabrics in really cool ways.... I saw a beautiful prayer shawl one time where a lady used the fabric and put a gold trim and some beaded fringe on it. I'm sure she probaby anointed it and prayed over it dedicating it to the Lord, (which I've done with a number of pcs) and man, I'm telling you that thing was anointed. I nearly fell out when I put it over my head. GOD is using these things to minister to people. With some of the stuff He has me doing, He's ministering healing, deliverance, anointing people, and only HE knows what else. Sometimes He lets me in on stuff. It's amazing. I'm really excited for you and would love to hear how He has you use the flag or is it gonna be a streamer???? Will you dance and minister with it? at church??? Do you wanna share more details? (No pressure here)

Blessings to you!

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger Katrina A. said...

BEAUTIFUL and powerful! I miss St. Paul's soooo much. Blessings to ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home